Sunday, September 13, 2009

Water's Such A Drag

So today I swam laps for the 1st time in about 3 months. It was so gorgeous out and one of the swim instructors was telling me how I should join our Masters team. So I wanted to see where I stand.

Yeah...Swimming is hard work. I'm a good swimmer, I swam competitively for a long time, but the endurance is just not there anymore.

I swam fast, but I couldn't keep that pace up for more than 15 minutes. My arms really got a great work out, but it is a completely different whole body work out than running. And because of the limited breathing it can be a much more cardio intensive work out.

The verdict is in and I must do much more swimming. I'm planning on mixing up my workouts and the days I'm at work swimming laps right after at least 2 days a week.

photo by DevilDiver

No comments:

Post a Comment