Monday, September 14, 2009

Eat Right, Feel Better!


I don't know what exactly happened, but as I said last week I had been sick and the only food my body craved was healthy stuff. Listen to your bodies people! It tells you what you need!

So this weekend I have been making a huge effort to listen, and give my body what it needs. Not just occasionally and when convenient, but consistently. Starting with my major craving for hummus. I haven't eaten any meat, seafood excluded (it's my favorite!) and have been focusing on my whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.

I have done well staying away from the candy. Having the attitude that if I don't crave it, if I'm not hungry, I won't eat it. And that's that. I did come up with the great idea of instead of eating junk, have that super delicious trail mix sold at the Fresh Market. Yes, there is chocolate in some types, but you also have nuts, dried fruits, etc. A great compromise to my HUGE sweet tooth.

Today I had sushi. My all time favorite. Unfortunately I don't have the chance to have it much because I am living on a college student budget, and try my best to limit my spending. So the weekend is over and what am I going to do?

Try my best to continue on this track through the next week, and after that, the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment