Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mix It Up


The past few days have been I have made great progress with my health goals. I have adjusted to my new meal regimen as you might say, mentioned previously in my Eat Right, Feel Better post. Resulting in less cravings and less deviation from my goals.

For example, not only was I able to snuff out a major milkshake craving, but accompany a friend to McDonalds, while hungry, and not eat a thing. It wasn't even as difficult as I anticipated. My efforts are really starting to show. Plus I can still have those items, I just firmly stick to my rule give each craving a week, and don't eat bad stuff at bad times.

How long do you think that milkshake craving lasted? 1 day. Don't give in. And McDonalds? Why would I waste that many calories on that in the evening when there are so many other culinary delights out there? It's not worth it and you know it.

As for the fitness I've been trying to mix things up more to avoid a rut. First I swam laps after work 2 days, went for a run one day, to the gym another, and today I ran around with my nephew and practiced some soccer with my dad and one of his friends from England. It has been much more enjoyable not to mention way less monotomous this way. I want to add in some more gym workouts with some treadmill just to keep some consistency though. That way I don't start forgetting about certain muscle groups.

I'm feeling much more positive about things. I may not be where I would ideally be physically and mentally, but the progress is definitely there and it's not going anywhere. I'm not rushing and I'm not burning myself out. I am really enjoying this process one step at a time.

* Plus with this method I am far less likely to yo-yo with my weight (very unhealthy) and maintain this lifestyle for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment