Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stress

The stress has officially gotten to me. I had been wondering where it was, and alas! It showed up last night after I got home from school. I have been doing remarkably well in my opinion juggling school, a job, family, and my own health; and all of a sudden it hit that I haven't yet had a real guilt free moment to myself in a long time.

It all started with me making lists again. Seeing on paper what I need to get done so that I can plan the best angle of attack. But what I forgot was that the first time you see everything on paper it can be quite over whelming. All of a sudden I freaked out and thought, "I can't do this on my own!"

How can anyone do this on their own? The answer is we can't. It wasn't easy for me to reach this conclusion, it came after a long moment of sulking, and finally a nice hot shower to clear my head. Long hot showers are the BEST way to get your head together. Don't get out until you are feeling some sort of positive attitude take over you, or the hot water starts to run out. Last night, the hot water had to run out. But you know what? I feel better.

I'm not alone. The vast majority of women out there struggle with their weight and self image. It may not be every day, but it happens to all of us. The thing is to realize this and to know that what you put in is what you get out. For a moment stop looking to the future and look at how far you have come. And most importantly be proud of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment