Monday, September 7, 2009

7 days!

Exactly one week since my last post. Last week was a complete whirlwind. First off we had friends come from England that will be staying the whole month, I had the worst schedule with work, and school picked up speed. Then come Friday after my 5 AM shift, I ran my best run yet only to completely crash after I ate lunch. Crashing from my lack of sleep and non-stop working not the run...that left me energized. So needless to say I have spent much of this weekend recovering and catching up on my daily tasks.

Today I started my day out great! I got up early and went for a run. It was wonderful not having to worry about it when I got off work/school. I have decided that every month I'm going to add a mile to my run and hopefully after Christmas I will have the money to join a Triathlon training team. I have always wanted to do it, but I am seriously self conscious about my bike riding skills not to mention my old ass bike. It's in good shape, but everyone around here is so damn snooty about their equipment.

Is anyone else bothered by this? I think it's ridiculous. My attitude is if you have the balls to go out and try something new, to make that effort to get in shape no matter what your situation you deserve all the respect in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment