Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back on Track!


Dara Torres image courtesy of BBC


Back on track! I made sure to seriously kick my ass today to make up for lost time. All this was made much easier since I got off of work early and didn't have to work that double. After work I did some cleaning and then RAN to the gym. No driving, running, and it was all up hill (and 5 miles through the snow) Just kidding. It was 2 miles round trip and more in the upper 80s and muggy as hell.

Anyways, ran to the gym and did my normal routine, but added weights to my ab exercises. There was this woman there that put everyone to shame. She must have been in her early 40s and didn't look a day over 35. That's not the point though. This lady was doing things I had never even thought of doing. And I've been a gym rat since the 6th grade. It was honestly inspiring.

After those few days I fell off the wagon it was sort of depressing. Me, in my 20's getting my progressively tighter ass handed to me by an older woman. But that's not the way to look at it. That initial impression is bound to occur, but we're all better than that. Try to avoid thinking, "I wish I could be a housewife and my job was to look pretty and fuck my husband." It's ok I do sometimes too. But seriously loaded lady or not, everyone has a lot of shit on their plate, just not the same shit. Every one deserves credit for busting their asses and making the effort no matter how big their ass is.

No comments:

Post a Comment