Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Well That Wasn't Inspirational

My favorite workout buddy hands down is my Dad. We have been going to the gym together since I was in middle school. My dad is who I look to for much of my work out inspiration. He's over 60, works out 6 days a week, has the best eating habits, and doesn't look a day over 55. One of his favorite sayings is, "It wasn't inspirational, but I did it." referring to the gym. He goes every morning 5 minutes after 7 without fail and though it may not have been an inspirational work out, he went and he did it. As opposed to other people that stayed home and in bed.

This quote is something to live by. Have you ever had one of those days where just the thought of any form of physical activity makes you want to grab a pillow and find the nearest soft surface? I know I do. Yesterday was the perfect example.

After a full day of work I needed to head out to storage to find a calculator (not one of those easily replaceable ones) which was like searching for a needle in a hay stack. After multiple trips and every box examined, no calculator. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I had homework to do, and no where near $100 dollars to spare for a new one after spending over $700 on text books. I was planning on running, but was so stressed the thought of it made me want to sink into the couch.

So what did I do? I gave myself 5 minutes, got a drink and went running. It wasn't the best run, but at least I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment