Friday, August 14, 2009

Day One! (but really week 3)

Monday August 10

Technically this is week three for me. I started off while I was in between moving and staying with my brother and his 3 year old son for a week. It was great! I learned how to sleep like a 3 year old.

First off... Get a full nights rest! 8 hours, no less. And if you really want to kick ass start getting up earlier for enough time to get an hour work out in. You don't need to actually work out the first week if you want to ease into it. I didn't. I just went to work teaching kids how to swim. Enjoy that hour "me" time in the morning. It won't be easy at first, but after doing it a week, maybe two, it starts becoming routine.

As for the food... You are what you eat. Pay attention to how you feel when and after you eat. There's nothing like a good meal with a great dump after. Don't even try and convince me otherwise. My brother made this great shake that even though it looked like pond scum, it tasted great. And 30 minutes after finishing it you will feel as if your whole body has been cleansed. What a great way to start the day!

Have one every day if you can. It starts you off on a clean slate and you won't feel hungry for a long time. That way when you do eat again you can clearly gauge by how your body feels post consumption how well you actually are eating.

Week 2
Hit the gym 6 days a week. SIX DAYS. I know it sounds horrible, but honestly it's not bad. Break it down.

Sunday: Weights and Stretching. Get a good variety of stuff covered. Go over everything. Don't over work. Rotate arms, abs, legs. Simple as that.

Monday: 30 minutes cardio. 1st thing. Do NOT stop until the time is up. You can do it. After that same thing as Sunday, but try and push it a bit. Ladies, 12 reps on everything. If you can do more than 12 up the weight a bit.

Tuesday: Weights and Stretching.

Wednesday: Same as Monday. Kick ass!

Thursday: Repeat Tuesday (you getting the drift yet?) We're establishing a routine.

Friday: Same as Monday and Wednesday.

Saturday: Sleep in, relax, you deserve it.

And repeat simple as that.
Stop worrying about the scale I gained weight the 1st week, but you know what? My legs were starting to look HOTT and I've noticed less jiggle for my wiggle. You gain weight because you are converting fat into muscle. Don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment